Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Rawr...brains...brains! Zombie thread! This is exciting kyle. Maybe we can get together sometime. If we plan now we can get everyone on the same page by spring. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, after a lot of head scratching and planning I was finally able to get something worked out with Tim to come and make a harness. So far things are going smooth. Harness is completely out, interior is out. Tim is working on getting the new fuse box ready. We're using a fuse box from a late model windstar. The fuse box will be going in the glove box. The Honda CBR1000 pencil coils will be powered with Acura Legend ingiter and a HKS cdi box (amplifier). Also pulled out the stock radiator and will be installing the Griffin radiator. Thanks to Nathan my MS3/MS3x now speaks wirelessly ;) Custom manual steering rack should be here sometime next week as well.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I should be driving her in a couple weeks so we will definitely have to get on with planning a meet. And Don, I still have good intentions of sending that bezel to you lol You might be on the backburner but you're still on the to do list.

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Thanks for that... I never sent money. Lol. So I can relate. With my car issues the interior has been less than important.

Best of luck. Cant wait for a start up video.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm like a gitty little school girl anticipating this start up. I still remember shooting the shit with you and steve when we pulled the stock de out. Hurry up already damnit!

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Fuse box is done. Rear wire harness is done. Tim is now working on the dash harness. He said he's saving the fun part for last lol Just realized I need different spark plugs to use with the COP so hopefully they get here by Friday. Fuse box has been fitted into the glove box and it......fits like a glove ;)

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dash is done, AVC-R is wired up, HVAC harness is done. Tomorrow Tim will be starting on the main harness from fuse box to rear/dash/HVAC harness and to the Amphenol connector on the firewall and harness to headlights. Then Friday should be engine harness time.....then it's start time!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
About damn time! good to see some progress on that thing. Pretty damn clean wiring, I will say...

Now just to hear it purr... :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just got done testing the interior harness.... everything works perfect first time!!! That is the hardest part of the whole thing. Tim will be starting on the headlights/engine harness tomorrow. Should be attempting first start on Tuesday or Wednesday :D

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Car is getting close! It was almost on the dyno but then a cbr coil failed and I had to order some since nowhere local had one. Exhaust isn't all the way done in the video, 3" to rear axle. (it's finished now) Higher rpm sounds crappy because some setting was off and was causing spark to fire at wrong time in higher rpm, that's fixed now and sounds much better with exhaust finished. Brought him the coils today and hoping to have it by the weekend depending on what his schedule looks like.

http://youtu.be/51GQbNdOnbk

Edit: Can't figure out how to embed video in the post.

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
He's alive... and by he I mean tim!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts