Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
the one that spits fire
112 Posts
man i cant wait to see this thing back on the road, this monster will make even my build seem stock haha

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
My YouTube page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59lvgheq4tUyDisMxpv2BA

Finally got the break in tune dialed in! At 5psi I ended up putting down 265/198. Little dissapointed with the torque numbers but I think once I get the new manifold and turn up the boost it will jump up quite a bit. Now it's time to get some miles on the motor so I can crank it up!! We crimped the vac line to the wastegate to see what the turbo would spool up to and just to see what the graph would look like before we had to back out of it. It went up to 10psi at 4.5k and jumped up 20hp...10psi is gonna be fun lol You can see we were having afr issues between 4 and 5k rpm but we'll get that dialed in better when I get the final tune. (Red line is previous run, blue line is quick 10psi run)

·
the one that spits fire
112 Posts
Don't forget kyle the torque numbers were also due to not having a clean tach signal to calculate the engine speed for torque. It's probably higher than that

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That's true, I forgot about that. Need to figure out what is causing it to stumble right before boost. I want to go to that track day in a couple weeks. $40 for unlimited time on the track. Maybe I can talk John into going and we can do some tuning.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
John is going to the meet. You going? Take Trevor's 6 and he can drive his 3. I think Steve is gonna roll with me.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts