Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my car on, the rpm's bob a little bit under 1000, they don't bob much. What is this problem, I'm told the idler, but my mechanic says it may be an engine problem. Also, when I'm driving (not so much when accelerating hard, just cruising) it rocks back and forth as if the engine is trying to get the car to move, but a few parts are fighting back, I can drive a stick, and I know that I'm not shifting wrong. Please help, I have to fix this before I can put on my muffler.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have the same problem. I've been told it's either the MAF needs cleaning (or replaced), the EGR valve or Oxygen Sensors.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have the same problem. I've been told it's either the MAF needs cleaning (or replaced), the EGR valve or Oxygen Sensors.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The rocking back and forth would probably be your engine mounts. As for the fluxing idle, it could be your O2 sensors, could be bubbles in the coolant or your TPS. Actually there about 20 things it could be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are engine mounts and easy fix?
Would the o2 sensors have anything to do with this mechanical whirring sound I get usually when changing gears?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts