Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has pics of a door popper install. i pretty much know what im doing but im just trying to get some more info, ideas, and best possible ways to install the door poppers

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
that would look sweeet.... my buddy had them shaved on his gti... ill never do it.. allways lockin him self out... we get tickets by BC Police cause its not "inspected safty" bla bla.. pull u over just cause it up here.. i dont want to get pulled over when im blazin cause no door handles ! but in usa u can get away with it

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
here :) I'm pulling my door panel apart tomorrow, so i'll snap some pics of how the poppers are installed!

Reactions: Graham_A_M

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i thihnk stealth's way is the most accurate way to install them.. that makes its the easiest way for it to pull on the latch.

my buddy installed his differently and he had to always hit his button a few times before the door evenually opened.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah a write up would be nice, and jason if you could snap some pics that would be great. i already have the doors shaved and bondo on them. i left the key lock on the driver side so i can still get in.lol i just need a good solid way to install the popper system. which is coming in the mail probably next week. i got themfrom suicidedoors.com and the cool thing is i didnt pay for them my parents did, early x-mas present.
btw they are the 35 lb poppers

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
you need to know how to weld.
and a drill and possibly a electric saw depending on the popper.
and need to open the door panel.
i think... haha

i was going to do it but someone i know from high school burnt to death in his car because of an accident a dew months ago. So i wanted my door to be able to open 100%. lol

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
midrange said:
^^ i think maybe he was refering to the welding of metal where you would shave the door handle...
Are you talking about the actual shaving? Not the door poppper? It sounds like he's already got that done.

I'll snap some pics here in a few minutes, I'm gonna finish getting ready, and I'll go out there!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i already have it shaved... im just gathering as much info on the install. oh and by the way its not an mx6... i wish i had one buy nothin was a round so i ended up buying my buddys 87 S10 im gonna get some pics up soon... i hope

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
No, i removed them before shaving the handles thankfully.

I locked myself out of my car multiple times because leave the keys in the ignition at gas station and accidentlly lock the doors. Good thing i had the magnetic key holder or i would been screwed and had to break into my own car!

Thankfully i use average joe handles now.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Stealth said:
No, i removed them before shaving the handles thankfully.

I locked myself out of my car multiple times because leave the keys in the ignition at gas station and accidentlly lock the doors. Good thing i had the magnetic key holder or i would been screwed and had to break into my own car!

Thankfully i use average joe handles now.
haha, yea, everyone(my friends) is telling me to shave the handles, and I keep telling them no that its not worth it on a DD. ANd besides, our handles sit flush and are pained, and IMOP they fit the car(round and clean)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i installed a hidden button on my car for the door poppers incase i locked my keys in there... its handy to have.. just make sureyou keep it a secret if you do.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts