Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what exactly does "shaving" things entail...i.e. shaving keyholes, antenna holes...im pretty sure i know what it means, but im just lookin for clarification on what it is and how to do it. thanks

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i had my emblems shaved off andt hey welded the holes and painted the truck led and put my new wing on the car, i think when they shave the key holes and door handles they removed them and fill the holes with bondo,, i think, i might be wrong and then paitn the spot or the entire door, i am going to get my entena shaved also when iget my car painted to they will fill u hole and panit over it ( i dont have one any way so i mgith as well get rite of that ugly thing, ask coldnoodle he does body work he knows his stuff for real

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shaving is another word for making something smooth, i.e. flushing. If you remove your doorhandles and make it smooth, then that would be considerd shaving. On my car, for example, I shaved the keylocks, emblem holes, windsheild nozzles and antenna hole. All those things are now filled in and the surface is smooth....and that is shaving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts