Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am well chuffed. My girl passed her MOT today with no problem, only one advisory!!

I'm going to treat her to a new clutch and fit the gearbox that I got from Oddball.

:jump::jump::jump::jump:

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Nice one bud :tup: .. give yaself a day or two for that box dude if you are doing it on the driveway..

Paul.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way mate, decided to pay my mate £100 and let him do it in his garage! To old for all that crawling on the floor now!

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Congratulations nasher..

never fails to amaze me how many still sail through year after year..

John

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys

The advisor was that some rust was "starting" on the OS sill, just under the sill at the rear where the rear wheel arch joins, you cant even see it, feels like a few bubbles under the paint, and can not be seen from the side. Recon I will get a pro to sort it now to stop it becoming a future problem.

What I was worried about the most was the emisions, but it absolutley flew these!

Will post a few pics of the corrosion for some advice please.

Whatever happens, I will keep this car, as I love it sooo much. Every time I see it I think "is that really mine?"

Sad really, but the shape and the drive are so perfect.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Sounds exactly what happened to mine Mike .. about 3 inches from the start of the rear arch and bottom of the sill .. mine punched through, you may well find the other side is the same, just not as bad.

Get your man to cut it out and sort, i would get him to check (and do if needed) the other side too.

Paul.

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
Whatever happens, I will keep this car, as I love it sooo much. Every time I see it I think "is that really mine?"

Sad really, but the shape and the drive are so perfect.

Mike
I'm not the only one yay.

Elmer

Well done on the pass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been a while since i've written on here :)o) but wanted to share the news that my '95 MX6 sailed thru her MOT this week, with no probs at all.

Love the car, etc. but have only put 3k on the clock this year (now 87k) - a combination of petrol costs and bad traffic make the motorbike a better commuting option.

So that she gets some well deserved use, I've loaned her to a trusted mate while he is between cars. Want to keep her indefinitely but got a tough decision to make next year with my daughter wanting to learn to drive.

Anyway, ramble over - adios for now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Amazed the piece of crap passed.Suppose I'll have to wait a bit longer for you to GIVE me those wheels.Ha Ha!!!!!.
You mean these;

Beardo, shall I just mention the words "brake pipe":jump::jump::jump:

That will cost you tomorrow:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Congrats Nasher, it's a great feeling when they go through. Hope my 'new' '97 sails through in 12 months.
That's the first time I've seen a picture of a 6 with roof open. Looks kinda funny when most sun roofs go inside the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Might have had a new brake pipe but at least I can stop without setting my brakes on fire,LOL.Don't no what was in that curry last night but I have not stopped farting all morning.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Might have had a new brake pipe but at least I can stop without setting my brakes on fire,LOL.Don't no what was in that curry last night but I have not stopped farting all morning.
Since when do you need a curry to fart:jump::p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts