Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted before, and no one answered my post.
does anyone know where i can get a shift kit for my atx 96 mx6???
an asnswer would be appreciated, unless no one knows....
Thank a ton guys

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
the atx tranny is notoriously weak, so my personal opinion is that you may be better off with a mtx swap. however on the topic about shift kits, have you tried checking out a local tranny shop? they can normally find people that make parts for your vechicle, then you can search from what you find out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Transgo makes then....look on google for transgo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Or PM hughes46. He has all of what you would need for an atx-mtx conversion.

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
yeah a good shift kit, will help alot with quicker shifts and everything, the only problem is the actual automatic tranny being a piece of shit. basically anytime you start adding power to the car, the tranny fails like a little bitch. therefore, if you plan on putting more power through the engine, your only gonna start complaining about it breaking in the near future. if you intend on just keeping it stock, or slightly modded, then you should still be ok, and the shift kit will help. my step dad had a modded chevy truck with a shift kit which was pretty sick, it would smoke my mx6 all damn day.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can also install a tranny cooler w/ fan, that will help a lot also. You can also install an inline filter also that filters much better than the stock filter. If you install a tranny cooler and the shift kit, it should be able to handle more power fine. You should also do the IAT mod after installing the shift kit and tranny cooler, makes the car a good bit quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts