Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any shift knobs out there that any of you can recommend? I bought one a few weeks ago from Pep Boys here in PA and it wouldn't stay tight. The stock leather one is getting quite warn on the top. Also what color would you recommend for a red MX6/black interior? Thanks....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can someone post some pics of their shift knob - preferrable on a red MX6 w/ black leather interior. Though any pics will do. Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Davis:

I have the same color mx6 as you, except my interior is greyish cloth with bucket seats, and I got a carbon fiber shift knob for my standard transmission to match. I think it matches with black or grey pretty well since it is a combo of both colors.

Oh yeah the brand is "Reactive" and it fits excellent!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your advice - I'll be checkin' some out this week. I can't take the worn leather one anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exactly is a GT-R.....I thought there was only a GT.

·
Registered
122 Posts
n8davis said:
What exactly is a GT-R.....I thought there was only a GT.
haha GT-R is just a GT, there are the base, SE, GT and in 97 the GTS (an appearance package, some with stripes and chrome swirly wheels, but some with just stickers, so its just a loaded GT)....mine, i put the R stickers on stands for Racing...(or to make a lil funny...stands for Rayman) haha, people are partial to it, some say ricey some say it looks nice....but i like them and they will REALLY have meaning once my turbo is completed. but eventually i might just lose all stickers and make mine a true sleeper when i get a paintjob, whenever that might be....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would def. say to go for the sleeper look - no emblems, decals, etc. My car is getting repainted next spring when I get my body kit and everything is coming off. Personally in my opinion - anyone who says their car is something it is not is a ricer. I hope you are not. It's like a DX Civic with VTEC stickers.

later

·
Registered
122 Posts
n8davis said:
Personally in my opinion - anyone who says their car is something it is not is a ricer. I hope you are not.
later
i told u its just a GT didnt i? heheh :p i dont lie to people that it is a "special" probe or whatever, but i had a reason behind it, and once my project is done on it, it will be rectified....i dont consider my car to be ricey, and i dont think the people who've seen it think that (well maybe a couple) if i ever get around to posting a pic on here or probetalk....u'll see that my car is kept pretty clean and free of ridiculous stickers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yo I wasn't tryin' to rip on your car man - I've never even seen it. I think the MX6s (and Probes) usally look best w/ no stickers at all.... But post some pics of your Probe sometime, aight?

·
Registered
122 Posts
n8davis said:
Yo I wasn't tryin' to rip on your car man - I've never even seen it.
yea i know man, i was just kidding around, guess u couldnt hear the playful tone in those words....but yea as soon as i get my lazy ass to develop and scan the pics in with someones scanner, i will post them

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
BUTTONS????

i saw a shift know with 4 buttons on it... i cant remember where it was... has ANYONE seen this???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts