Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shift light is no longer working, now that I put my engine etc. back in the car...I didn't find any loose plugs or whatnot...can anyone tell me what plug to check or where my problem might be. Thanks

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Mine stopped working eventually too.
Meh, who cares, its a useless light :)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
what kind of shiftlight was it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NVRmind...it's working again...I found a plug behind the headlight that I guess I forgot to plug in because you can barely see it...well now my shift light is back, yeah it's not a big deal, but after you pull the motor and do alot of work you tend to start to notice every little thing.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
KiNg MaRtY said:
what kind of shiftlight was it
The LX has a stock shift light in the console.
Tells you when to shift for economy driving

Reactions: KiNg MaRtY

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think maybe only the 88's had the shift light. Mine is a MX-6 dx and the shift lift is located in the dash above the speedometer and to the right. It urges you to shift into overdrive at 65 km (40mph). Very handy :)

I previously had a 89 626 LX and it had no shift light.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, it's handy when you want to save gas....and yes it's in the gauge cluster next to the speedometer...it says SHIFT LIGHT and a lil' yellow light comes on when it's supposed to. :)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I had heard of that before and thats kinda cool. I might try to find one of those clusters to see how that shiftlight works. Anyone have a pic?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
KiNg MaRtY said:
I had heard of that before and thats kinda cool. I might try to find one of those clusters to see how that shiftlight works. Anyone have a pic?
I will take one when I get home for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts