Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 mx6 turbo GT that has an automatic transmission. On the shift bar thier is button that saids shift lock, what is this and what is it for? IS it for racing?

Secondly, what are the most common signs that tell you when a transmission is about ready to break or is already broken.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
wait a second guys... I believe that button is to override the mechanism that locks the car in park when the brake isn't pressed or if there's a fuse problem in the car, or you haven't pressed the big thumb button on the shifter....on the other hand, the HOLD mechanism keeps the car in gear longer, as deadmeat describes. .... read your owner's manual (if you have one) about this..

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
ATX "Hold" feature

The hold button is located on the LHS directly below the shifter's T-handle, it's primary purpose is to hold the selected gear as you might desire. Nice feature,especially if your car's new, But I don't use mine as it can put undue stess on the tranny. As far as the park interlock,there is another button located at the shifter's base on the RHS. It slides back to over-ride the "lock" for park, enabling you to shift the selector. Tranny's on the 1st Gen. seem to hold up alot better tan the 2nd. They need TLC, PM, and like anything but abuse, if ya wana stik,by 1.! (jbgoode)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone I got a mazda 1994 2.5 v6 automatic I got a problem with the gears ..... when driving it it only changes from 1 to 3 and not 4 and 5 and the hold is flashing on the dashboard can someone please advise me what can I do to fix this issue I love this car but don't want it to break on me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts