Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my shifter is mesed up. i can put my car in first and move the shifter to were 5th is but it doesnt move out of gear. it shifts fine but is that normal? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,327 Posts
No. You need new shifter bushings. It is important that you replace them because you will damage your transmission if you leave it like that too long. Try a search on the subject.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
If you got a jack and a mazda dealer you could pick up the part for 5 bucks and install it in under 20 mins. Very simple to do and will make a world of difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,228 Posts
Try a search on the subject.
All the old post have been deleted.

What if I can pull my shifter up (not a lot) but it comes up. Also when I put into 1st and I take my hand off it it seems to fall back into place. Kinda like popping your arm out of socket and putting it back in??

bushings??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
I promise 100% that its the bushings. Get under the car and look at the shifter rods and at the ends you can see were they connect with the tranny and the actual shifter itself. Look for pieces of broken plastic and you will see the bushings. Very easy to do IMO easier that changing spark plugs. Just don't do any gear slamming or you will destroy the shift gate. But don't worry about it either nothing to freak out over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Are there part numbers on these shift bushings? I've been thinking about changing them just because they're old. Mazda dealer,ok, how many pieces are there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
It was a 4 piece kit that I bought. I don't have the part number since I threw away my receipt. I tried to find poly bushings but to no avail, you could probably make some for your car it you have some liquid poly hanging around But you can't drive your car till it cures though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
am I the only one who searches?

drsjr1980 said:
Are there part numbers on these shift bushings? I've been thinking about changing them just because they're old. Mazda dealer,ok, how many pieces are there?
Part numbers in this post. The bushings are nylon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Thanks Sleepy, you're alright by me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
drsjr1980 said:
Thanks Sleepy, you're alright by me.
That's three who don't want me excommunicated.

Unfortunately, owners and mods are not among them.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
We've had our differences, but I know you're trying to help, and that means a lot. Sometimes your help gets hidden in your posts. It's there, just not always crystal clear. Thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
reading comprehension - below average

mx6GT91 said:
All the old post have been deleted.

Not all of them (actually not any of them). There's one that's called, "<<<FAQ>>> ~LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING~ "

I think the intent of that one is to have you look there before posting. ;)

If you had done so, you would have found the answers to these (and many, many other) questions.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
reading comprehension=above average

drsjr1980 said:
We've had our differences, but I know you're trying to help, and that means a lot. Sometimes your help gets hidden in your posts. It's there, just not always crystal clear. Thanks.
The way it works is, the people whose reading comprehension skills are a step or two above abysmal are able to find the answers hidden amongst the wit and sarcasm. Congratulations! You are at or above the 96th percentile (for this board).
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: reading comprehension=above average

SleepCounter said:
The way it works is, the people whose reading comprehension skills are a step or two above abysmal are able to find the answers hidden amongst the wit and sarcasm. Congratulations! You are at or above the 96th percentile (for this board).
That was obviously directed at me! I'm Offended!

I'm getting Scooby and then I'm going to lock this thread so I have the last word.

Hah

:-/
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
Re: Re: reading comprehension=above average

FlySwat said:
That was obviously directed at me! I'm Offended!
Actually, it works the other way around -- if slagging is obvious to you, then your reading comprehension skills are not too terribly deficient.

Most of the real illiterates need someone to tell them that they've been slagged.

FlySwat said:
I'm getting Scooby and then I'm going to lock this thread so I have the last word.
You don't have a thin enough skin to be a mod.

BTW if you would be so kind as to refer to the rules page you'll note that:

Personal (Attn) Messages - The public board is for use to post public messages. Any message that is intended for an individual must be sent via the PM system or email.


Insults have to be sent privately (unless yer a mod)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: Re: reading comprehension=above average

SleepCounter said:
Actually, it works the other way around -- if slagging is obvious to you, then your reading comprehension skills are not too terribly deficient.

Most of the real illiterates need someone to tell them that they've been slagged.



You don't have a thin enough skin to be a mod.

BTW if you would be so kind as to refer to the rules page you'll note that:

Personal (Attn) Messages - The public board is for use to post public messages. Any message that is intended for an individual must be sent via the PM system or email.


Insults have to be sent privately (unless yer a mod)
:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
crusty said:
Sleepy........................u have PM.
I thought I could feel my ears burning (or was it my sphincter puckering?).

What's the old saying most recently embraced by Barney. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all -- or else go and post it on mx6.com"
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top