Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was racing a pretty much stock neon it only had intake. i thought for sure i could take him with my 6}). i have full catback exhaust, intake, headers, and short shifter. we do a r ling start at 25mph i'm in third and throw it down into second gear i had the lead and all of the sudden he just passed me:confused:. my friend said that he double clutched. i agree because he had it in gear and then just switch gears right after we lauched. my ? is what exaclty is double clutching and doesit really make you go that much faster.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
uhh i dont think so in this case...double clutching was used when cars had no syncros. even though they still have a purpose in cars with syncros as you are basically doing the work of the syncros, reducing wear. its mainly used for upshifting at higer rpms, so if say you want to go from 4th to 3rd you clutch in, go into neutral, rev it to the speed of 3rd gear and release the clutch while in neutral, clutch in, then put into 3rd. if you do it right you will feel a difference as the gears will fall in easily.

theres also a way to make it apply to downshifting as well, but none of this is very useful in modern cars. definitely not in a drag race

so no. it doesnt make you go faster really

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
1 - Your friend is an idiot
2 - You are an idiot for believing him
3 - You got beaten, plain and simple
4 - This thread is retarded and in the wrong forum

Have a nice day

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Malicious said:
1 - Your friend is an idiot
2 - You are an idiot for believing him
3 - You got beaten, plain and simple
4 - This thread is retarded and in the wrong forum

Have a nice day
#1 Because he is wrong or doesn't know what he's talking about, doesn't make him an idiot - it makes him ignorant to the situation...not an idiot in general- two different words... learn them - had you said he was ignorant for saying that, I would have agreed.
#2 If someone does not KNOW something, it doesn't make them an idiot.
- I doubt you know how to fly an airplane, so I guess because you don't, makes you an idiot.
#3 you are good at stating the obvious.... one of those that NEED to say SOMETHING - get over yourself
#4 Thread is in the wrong forum...and maybe you are retarded for responding to it?
No need to be condescending toward people who may not know as much as you do in a situation...or post in a way you disagree with.
One of the main points of a forum is for the 'know nots' to ask questions, and the 'know hows' to guide people who don't know better...

·
Registered
891 Posts
nah, Just like his name malicious is just being mean. Just because my name is haiyter doesnt mean i hate lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
I hate it when people make stupid posts like malicious did...

·
Registered
891 Posts
who cares, hes speaking what he thinks, i mean not like hes gonna call malicious out into a fight. Remember this is not CS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts