Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does $30 US shipping sound right for canada for an ebay item?
(its a GSR intake)

any comments would be appreciated

-bill

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
thats what everyone is paying on ebay for those things...so not much you can do if you need it bad enough

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
$30 is a tad bit high for shipping on just a GSR intake.

You might want to try some of your local car places before you plunk down that change. Or better yet, try another auction with lower shipping cost. Anything over $20 is excessive considering the actual thing is only worth maybe $5 wholesale.

If you already bought the item, ask them for an actual reciept when they ship the intake. Or better yet:

Global Express Mail (EMS) 3 - 5 Days $20.50 Max. length 42", max. length plus girth 79"

Airmail Parcel Post 4 - 10 Days $16.75 Maximum length and girth combined 108

Those are the two quotes from USPS on shipping a GSR intake to Canada. Use that to deal with them, if they insist on charging you $30 than they're trying to scalp you on top of the intake price, which is illegal. Oh and I hope that all of this conversation is about US dollars, if it's $30 Canadian Dollars than that would be right.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
If it's labeled as shipping and handling, can't they get away from it being illegal? They just claim to charge the extra amount for the handling and their time?

·
Registered
357 Posts
...within reason...

$10 to stuff an intake in a box and send it off is far and away excessive... what's that... $10/10min = $60/hour labor? that's excessive...

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
No offense guys, but I don't think it is excessive if you really add up the time it takes. So it takes 5 mins to box it up, then if you do use usps parcel air (which would be the cheapest - and if you are like me - you have to make a special trip) you have to physically go there (which takes time) and fill out forms (which takes more time). On top of all that you have expenses for packaging materials and gas. Shipping a small package like that to Canada probably costs me $25 if you really figure out everything. I know people don't like to pay for anything other than what is on the shipping label, but it is not the true cost of sending a package. If you want a screw job on shipping, bitch about the cost of shipping wheel flares for $70 - that is nuts, but that is what we seem to be stuck with for body parts.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Oh yeah, I totally empathise with you on that self run operation.I sell stuff on eBay too and I will often loose out on the shipping when all is said and done. Matter of fact, i'm fighting and griping with a buyer right now because he doesn't believe that it takes $100 to ship a 40 lbs item to Mexico.

But the guys charging $35 for a GSR CAI is completely excessive.

Why? Because chances are, actually they definately are, packed in individual boxes and ready to go. So what is the pain in printing out a UPS label, slapping it on a box and shipping it off? It's not as if they're trying to box an IM or an A-pillar cover, those GSR CAI come prebox from Taiwan or China. Matter of fact, I can tell you the 2 places that all of them come from. All that stuff on eBay comes from one of these two warehouses and they come prepackage.

None of these people are pulling parts or making anything. Heck they're not even packaging a single item. It's like going to a supermarket and getting charged $10 handling fee for a bag of Doritos.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well this guy is charging me $15 for the GSR intake and then he wants me to pay $30 for shipping and handling and when i told that a bit too high all he replied was "thats the price!"...so i don't know what else to do except to pay for the $45 total price (and i think he wants to charge me shipping insurance too)

it would be great if anyone can find any better prices for the exact same intake otherwise i'll just go with that

thx for all the advice anyways

-bill

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
parisifal said:
he doesn't believe that it takes $100 to ship a 40 lbs item to Mexico.
That acually seems pretty cheap lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matter of fact, I can tell you the 2 places that all of them come from. All that stuff on eBay comes from one of these two warehouses and they come prepackage.
oh btw parisifal could you give me the name and maybe the phone number too of the two warehouses that sell these GSR intakes, maybe i'll give them a phone call and buy it from them instead, thx

-bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought a car, but I had to leave the city, tell me where to find a driver with experience in order to shipping her?
Please)))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts