Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used KYBs which make the car ride like new. Also used Tokicos on my RX7. I recommend the KYB struts over Tokico. You'll want to change your strut mounts too.

Jim D

·
Registered
787 Posts
jdonnell said:
I used KYBs which make the car ride like new. Also used Tokicos on my RX7. I recommend the KYB struts over Tokico. You'll want to change your strut mounts too.

Jim D
Why KYB over Tokico? I have been trying to do this for a while but lack funds most of the time. I am trying to get a little drop but maintain a comfortable ride. KYB's MUST be less expensive than Tokicos, no?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I recommend the Tokicos, as I have them on my car. I chose the 5-way adjustable "Illumina" struts, but they have a "blue" non-adjustable set if money is an issue. I believe the stock, original struts were Tokico in the front... not that it matters.

As far as dropping the car, struts won't do that for you - that's what springs are for. Granted, struts *may* change the height slightly (if they spring "cups" are at a different height, for example) but the only true way to get a drop is new springs. For those, I would recommend the Eibachs that I love dearly!

The springs made a bigger difference on the car than the struts (I had installed struts before the springs)....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts