Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...I wanna get a shogun body kit but right now I have just stock rims....do you guys think it'd look alright until I got some new rims? or should I do the rim thing first before the kit? The only thing is that I'd have to buy the rims myself so that'd take a while, but if I wanted the kit my rents would pay half for me....opinions please!! and do you guys think the kit would look alright if I didn't lower the car??? later

G

·
SHOGUN

if your parents will pay half get the kit now but wait till you get rims to put it on. in my opinion the kit doesn't look right with the stock rims. that's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just curious, I don't know what your situation is, but why would your parent go halves on a kit, but not on rims? The rims would be cheaper when you factor in the cost of installing the body kit, and painting it. Even if you don't figure that cost, it'd be about even for both. Or would they only go in for one or the other?
I'd personally go for rims now. 15" wheels look ok on a stock body, but a kit will just make them look smaller than they already are.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah that's the situation...I think they'd only go for one or the other....but the kit is so damn sweet!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
dude just go for the rims right now... i mean, you can always get the kit layta. sides, you can get the rims, and put 'em on now... but if you get the kit, you have to get someone else to install it and then paint it... a lot more money up front than the rims...

sides, kits and stock rims are wrong.. just wrong. but stock body and new rims are just fine... maybe get some ground control and tokico before the kit... that way you can control what it looks like incase it looks really weird

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
mx-6 LS said:
hey...I wanna get a shogun body kit but right now I have just stock rims....do you guys think it'd look alright until I got some new rims? do you guys think the kit would look alright if I didn't lower the car??? later

Picture!!!!!

2fast has the Spoilers ETC. (shogun) bodykit on his mx6 with stock wheels. You can look at it here

Later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts