Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how the rear and side skirt would be installed on the 6? and is it easier to install than the front lip?and who has installed this kit themselves?how did u get the bumper reinforcement to fit?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The rear balance pieces will be installed OVER the existing rear bumper. In order for it to look good, it will have to be molded to the rear bumper. Same goes with the side skirts, they need to be molded if not it will look really messed up. As far as the front, the front bumper reinforcement will not fit unless it's modified. The easiest thing that the bodyshop will try to do is remove it all together. Then if you get into a merely 10-15mph fender bender, you can kiss your nose goodbye. The only other option is to trim the bumper reinforcement to fit the front bumper.

I would definitely not try this on my own. Erebuni's kits are known to NOT fit properly. So unless you're good with fiberglass and have the necessary tools, I wouldn't even look at it for too long.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
830 Posts
To tell you the truth, I really don't think you should remove the front reinforcement.(If you ever get into an accident, you can kiss your car goodbye) Try to trim it, since it's made with high impact poly-plastic it shouldn't be too hard for the bodyshops to cut it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The guys over on probetalk are saying that there is now a showgun kit that incorparates the front bumper reinforcemnt for the mx6 and probe, and that corksport can get it for you. Someone over there said that it is suppost to fit better and be of better quality. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts