Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Shogun front end for my 95 LS, along with Shogun skirts, BC rear bumper, and a Shogun Ribbon (T2) spoiler. I haven't heard a lot of great things about the Shogun front end. I hear that it sticks out to much, and stresses the bolts underneath the side marker lights, and has a tendency to crack the kit, or any molded fiberglass work done on those seams. Any comments, questions, pics, or proof one way or the other would be appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As long as your not molding the front end you'll be fine. Now if you're going to mold it then i would be extra careful of the places you brace it. i wouldnt recommend molding the front end unless ur building a strictly show car cuz WHEN u scrape ur front end and u will somewhere, it will crack.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
bolt it in four places. (2 Bolts on each side) 1 bolt right under the headlight, where the oem bumper bolts on- this can only be done by riveting a peice of sheet metal onto the bumper, then reaming out a hole. (I'll take pics in a few days, i have to take my bumper off to work on my car anyways) And then use a J-clip to bolt it on back by the wheel well. The bumper will flex a bit, so you may want to consider making a few braces from the bottom, but with the flex, you will be able to scrape on things without busting the fiberglass.

Adam

·
Registered
239 Posts
dont do it

i bought a invader front and it cracked if u even look at it cross eyed. i had it installed by a shop and it still did it. it was the worst money i ever invested in anything. you should do a diffrent front bumper one thats better. its the only reason im happy that i got in a wreck is i can go out and replace it with somethings thats not a big peice of crap. by the way i even put supports under the bumper.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Re: dont do it

em x 6 racer said:
i bought a invader front and it cracked if u even look at it cross eyed. i had it installed by a shop and it still did it. it was the worst money i ever invested in anything. you should do a diffrent front bumper one thats better. its the only reason im happy that i got in a wreck is i can go out and replace it with somethings thats not a big peice of crap. by the way i even put supports under the bumper.
Invader & shogun are different bodykits. I don't see how this will help. Are you telling him not to get a bodykit at all?

By the way, I know a guy, Tim, that has his shogun front molded on. His sideskirt moldings have cracked before, but I don't think his front ever cracked. He did say he had some bracing under there though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
if i got a shogun i wouldnt mold anything exept the rear bumper pieces (you can easily do that yourself) becuase ive seen many 6's on here that didnt mold and they look nice and you know some idiot will lean agaist your car or a shopping cart witll hit it.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I used a buddy club rear bumper, so no molding of the rear. Also, I have my sides molded, and if done right, they should not crack unless under extreme pressure. I've hit mine with everything, but not on purpose. I've thrown a bucket at them, was playing a little baseball and missed the target and hit them (it was a light toss). You name it, it's probably hit my car.

Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts