Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here i am getting ready to buy: that is either a pgt or mx6 ls. pgt=cheaper, more recognizable syle. mx6=not cheaper, unusaul but likeable styling, more comfort, and faster 0-60. anyhow, to the point, what problems do i need to look for in a used mx6 with most likely around or over 100,000 miles?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, that site was great and all, it did help, but now i'm also looking for remarks about high mile mx6's. i know this depends on how well the car was maintened so don't act stupid, just give me the facts straight, got it? thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
My sister and I both own 93 MX6 LS's. Hers has 118k (mine only has 87k and has been meticulously maintained since day one :) ). My uncle bought hers new and did an average job maintaining it and now she hardly does anything maintaince wise. She has hit and run over everything in town twice, but her car still runs and drives just as well as mine. They are very reliable cars and can take a pretty hard beating. If they could be torn up easily she would have already done it. Thats why she has never driven mine and never will!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Forgot to mention, they are both ATXs. We have never had any transmission trouble out of either one. I really don't see why everyone is so against the ATX. I'm not saying it doesn't shift hard (which can be annoying) but there is not any slipping or shuddering - even after 118k of my crazy uncle and maniac sister driving it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for 1993 the mx6 had a 0.1 sec 0-60 faster time than the pgt. AnDaCo2002, what exactly is the atx, i'm not up on all the terms yet.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
wantmx6 said:
for 1993 the mx6 had a 0.1 sec 0-60 faster time than the pgt. AnDaCo2002, what exactly is the atx, i'm not up on all the terms yet.
Auto Tranny!!

i have a 93 v6 mx6 with enough miles on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
oh ok. someone on this board said PGT's ran low 7's and that one of the car magazines got it to do 7.0

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what does the frickin 'x' stand for in atx??? stupid japanese, slapping letters in names wherever they damn well please!

(this post in no way resembles hatred towards the japanese culture)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts