Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know any popular name brand muffler shops that does Custom Mandrel Bend exaust piping????? Thankx I appreciate it.

Later

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i hate it...

i have to drive 4 hours to find a place that bends Mandrel Piping. grrrr...hey. u got any pics of your eyebrow headlight covers? send them to me plz!! drunktank[email protected]

SolarSlash

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok kool. Anyone else found any shops that does custom Mandrel Bending for exaust????

·
Registered
921 Posts
I thought all exhaust shops do mandrel bending. What other kind of bending do they do?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Big difference between Mandrel and regular bending. Regular bending addes wrinkles into the inside of the bend and makes the pipe diameter oval in shape in the bend, Mandrel keeps it circular throughout the bend eliminating wrinkles, which improves exhaust flow. As far as shops? I was able to find only 1 shop in town that could bend 3". It was a sport truck shop. I purchased my 3" 90 degree mandrel bends (2 for $30) from carparts and had this guy put it together. He had to make some minor bends to get it up over the rear wheel assy, but did an awesome job... no wrinkles, considereing it was 3".

·
Registered
921 Posts
dat sucks, dat means i prolly have the regular bends. they juts bent it on some machine

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
iLyK2EaTCiViCs

ya if you did not specifically said Mandrell bent exhaust you didnt get it. ive been to numerous places around michigan and no place can do it. look around. good luck!!

solar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts