Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recentley purchased a short shifter, and I had it installed today. I noticed as soon as I drove away from the mechanic, that the transition between first and second a slightley different. Typically second is right below first, but in my case second seems to be down and alittle to the right. Almost where you would think fourth was. Is this normal? I'm sure I will quickley adapt to the difference, but I wanted to know if anyone had an explaination.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm no expert but i don't think it makes sense that second would be a little to the right, almost where fourth would be. if i were u i would push the clutch in and run through the gears to make sure u have all of them. that just doesn't make any sense to me. think it's a head scratcher.
:shrug:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same with my short shifter. First is to the right, second is to the right, third and 4th are very loose [ but still the best shifts by far] and fifth seems to have a mind of its own.

I installed the B&M one from Corksport - Make sure you keep it lubricated, the ball and the linkage - it will greatly help your driving expreriance.

Good luck with the shorter shift times :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mine quick shifter seems to be a little off also, when i first starting driving it, wow i kept thinking 3rd was 1st grear and well i never got to far to quickly... after a while you will get to know where they are at, it took me a few weeks but then i became a master at it.. just give it time

·
Registered
763 Posts
i recommend the stabilizer bushing from rr-racing.com, since i put this the gears felt better and there was almost no play at all! i have a civic short throw and havent had any problems with it....shifts fine and they are a lot shorter...

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have the b&m and it shifts the same as you say it does. but its not bad. its actually pretty short compared to stock. but now im getting used to it and want it shorter:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
wen i got my b&m shifta i luved drivein the 6 now it just feel so long and the stock shifta is like WO massive

·
Registered
283 Posts
Glue said:
I HOPE THAT WHEN YOU GUYS CHANGED YOUR SHIFTER YOU ALSO GOT NEW WASHER SO THAT IT FITS WILL.
whoa killer watch the caps and the bold and plz spell check! Most of the sts comes with the new washers to install it... and that wouldnt have anything to do with the gears being futher over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts