Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if if the shifter rod from an mx3 would fit on an mx6. My cousin has an extra short rod from his 3 but I'm not sure if it will fit on my 6. he has a 92 mx3v6 and I have a 93mx6ls. I notice just from feeling around that the mx6 rod has a bump on it which seems to hold the boot up. The mx3 doesn't have this. If anyone knows anything, please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
moved

Im gonna put this in the performance section..

I think you may get more responses in there then you would here

lates...:)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
DoH!

Please dont double post...

thanks

LAtes...:)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
let see

Personally I would just reccommend taking the plunge and buying the PRD short shifter... It is very beautifully machined, and it works great! I ordered mine from them, and it took about three weeks to come, but I was GREATLY satisfied when I got it installed.. If you come to the next meet, I will let you try mine out if you like... I dont mind letting other sixers drive my six, as long as they already drive a stick :)

lates...:)

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I'd recommend the PRD as well. It's really well worth the money and the wait. Anyways, good luck with it either way!

bj

·
Registered
511 Posts
i'll sell you a stock shifter that can be modified to a STS. after seeing the quality of the Pacesetter i would rather cut and weld the stock one or buy a PRD. i'm actually thinking of going back to stock :freak:

·
Registered
131 Posts
short throw

Hey,

I have a 5spd and I have always wanted a short shifter. I drove a miata and wow, what a difference!

The only question I have, is that in my car when I shift from first to seccond, there's a little.. not sure what to call it--clunk that I feel in the shifter. The clutch doesn't slip at all, but when I go from first to seccond or third to seccond it clunks. What is that?

Also, how much is a short shifter? Is it something I can install myself?

thanks for you help,
alex

·
Registered
131 Posts
nice

Where did you get it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts