Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for a question similar to this one, but I Couldn't find anything. Here goes.
My friend has a '93 Mx6 Ls that she will sell me. It only has 75k miles on it. The thing is, is that it was rolled. She got the exterior fixed and says there is nothing wrong with the engine, and all the mechanical stuff is fine. What are some things I should look for when I check it out and test drive it? Also, about how much should I ask for it? Any input on this type of stuff would be extremely helpful. Thanks, Clint

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

Well, I had a friend who had a nissan z. He bought it for 300 dollars, some mechanical problems(leaks,turbo,etc.) arose...the car itself wasn't straight. The bottom there was a big cut in the metal that actually kept the body together. I don't know if it is a good idea if you want to buy the car. What is the reason why she wants to sell it? Test drive it if you want but I would test drive again...just to see. Personally, I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't even buy a car that has been painted. Let me know what happens.

good luck,

anthony

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason she is selling it is because she is in the high risk insurance area and can't afford it. If I do decide to get it, about how much $$$ should I offer her for it. I think it has a salvaged title. My other friend told me to offer her $2000, but I don't want to get raped if its not worth it.
Thanks, Clint

·
Registered
483 Posts
dear clint,

I would offer her 1500 dollars take it or leave it. I'm curious if there is any leaks or anything of that sort. Does she have maintenance records on this car? See what new parts were put on the car.

good luck,

Anthony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts