Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I finally found "my" MX-6 (93 V-6, 5 speed), the car seems nice, the price is about right, the only thing that worries me is the guy thats selling the car told me by phone that the only problem this car had was (I dont know the exact word, sorry) that the part that holds the motor needed to be changed. my question: is this a big problem, or is it normal??? if for some reason I change the parts how much money would I be spending???

really guys I need your help.
thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's probably a motor mount and that's very normal. Most cars that you get used with some miles on them will have worn mounts. They aren't that bad to replace and the only one that's expensive is the passanger side one. The car should drive ok unless the mount is totally trashed. To see how bad the mounts are, rev the engine with the hood open and see if the motor moves alot. If that's the only thing wrong with it then I'd get it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
YEAH MAN, IF THATS ALL THATS WRONG DEFINITELY GET IT. AS A MATTER OF FACT, RAFI FROME PROBETALK NOW AMKES A URETHANE MOUNT THAT IS STIFFER ALLOWING BETTER SHIFTS. AND IT IS STILL ABSORBENT ENOUGH FOR DAILY DRIVERS (as opposed to solid or welded mounts which are uncomfortable and will damage other parts if not upgraded as well)

AND ITS ONLY $70 BUCKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts