Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the car i want is a 96 Mazda MX-6 LS. Its in MINT condition, Manual tranny w/ brand new clutch and 4 new tires. There is 100k miles on it tho, and its for $5k. Just wanted 2 know wat u guys thought about this car. will this car last w/ 100k miles already on it? thanks alot
-Chad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get yer Six on! You can get another hundred thousand miles out of her if you maintain it properly (oil every cpl mths, regular inspection) and don't absolutly wail on it. I live in Canada, and I know a guy works down the street from me with a 93/LS with over 350,000 K and counting as he drives 300 KM commute daily. The two other 6's and mine on the same street all have over 190,000 K and ours are tricked out and still get looks, even being twelve years old.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My first engine lasted 186,000 miles before a blown headgasket took her to her death. The only reason it died was because my dad drove her with no oil in it. If he would have noticed we could have prob still been using that same engine. I replaced it with a diff engine that only had 87,000 miles on it from a wrecked 6.

Before we blew that head gasket that other engine pulled great and never gave me a prob till then. I guess i should not drive so fast lol. Never the less i think you should buy it as long as you willing to make some sort of investments into your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Kanja said:
Depending on where you live you can probably get them down to at least $4500
Yep, when I get my 96 M-Edition a year ago, there was 61k on her, and I got it for $6500, so $4500 ~ $5000 is about right for a 100k 96 LS. And don't worry, that car will last a pretty long time :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Depends on where you live. I know around here there are very few MX-6's. When i finally found mine 5-speed LS w/ black leather, it had new tires, new transmission and tinted windows. It is a 93 and had 127,000 miles on it. I paid like 4,800. I didn't want it to slip, cause i new if i missed this opertunity another would not come along any time soon.

my point, GET THE CAR!

Chris

·
Registered
428 Posts
so does that mean $2600 for a 96ls mtx with 90k miles is a good deal?

Some people get all the luck! Where are you located and why is it so cheap?

SportZ

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
lol $2600..that's so cheap. I got mine for 3600. It was marked at 4700. Had 97k miles. (5-speed, LS of course).

·
Registered
83 Posts
paid $2400

Hey i have a 96 mx-6 LS v-6 5 speed.I bought it at an auction for $2400.It was my very first car.When I bought mine it only had 108,000 miles on it so i really stold my car because it was perfect whenever i got it ,it had black leather interior,5 speed,pretty low miles and it looked and ran like new until like a month later she blew a head gasket.The thermostat went bad.The destributor went out on me so i was without it for almost a whole summer while we tried to find out what the problem was and saved up enough money to fix it.But after we fixed it she ran like she was brand new.I know that the kelly blue book value on a 96ls under 100,000 is about 5,000 in excellent condition.you should go for it!!They are great cars if you take good care of them.And pretty damn fast stock.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
so does that mean $2600 for a 96ls mtx with 90k miles is a good deal?
no it just means you live in iowa}) but seriously I've noticed price varies alot depending on where you live, texas, florida and ohio:)confused: ) seem to be the cheepest, along w/ New york. they seem to be more expensive around the mid to lower east coast(say Pa-Ga) so if you live in my area, then 5k is ok, but try and talk them down to 4200-4500, if you somewhere where the 6 is more common (above mentioned places) then that price should be down to about 3k-3500. so yea geography sucks for me but kicks a$$ for say stupafly22

1 - 11 of 11 Posts