Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is looking at this car, and I'm looking for some advice.
I'm an old muscle car dad, and don't really know the "value" of these cars.
I looked at it, and all I could tell was that it looked really cool.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1993 Mazda MX6
2.0, 50K
Performance Clutch
Konig Rims
Custom Paint (dark blue)
Carbon Fiber Hood
Body Kit w/ Spoiler
$6000

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It's worth what you are willing to pay...
But honestly $6000 is way too much
Is it 5 speed or auto?
The LS's are more desirable (v6, some have leather, sunroof, foglights & other features)
Just so you know, the blue book value on a 1993 MX6 2.0- 50k miles (private party)
Is $2,000

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I think with it having a "performance clutch" it will be a manual, but as for the rest, that's good advice... the V6's are better all round, and $6K does seem a lot... even it it was a main dealer, I can't see it being that much for a 93 model.

John

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Einstein said:
I think with it having a "performance clutch" it will be a manual, but as for the rest, that's good advice... the V6's are better all round, and $6K does seem a lot... even it it was a main dealer, I can't see it being that much for a 93 model.

John
:D I must have missed the perfomance clutch part
Thanks John :)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
In my opinion, no it isn't worth it. You can find many cars in the for sale threads around here that are lightly modded like the car there. And the fact that it is a 4 cylinder...makes it less desirable to me.

However, 50k miles? Rebuilt or original? That is an insanely low amount. I may toy with the idea at that point with the custom paint and work on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts