Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, need help on this one....I need to know peeps opinion about getting a custom exhaust (2.5" piping from the cat back to the muffler, and not sure which muffler yet...) or should I get a brand name one (like Greddy, Brospeed, or another one...)?? I need your help....I think if I get a custom one, i may save quite a few G's, but will it give me the same hp like a Greddy would? One of my friends has a 3000GT and he has a custom exhaust. What about for the 6, should I go with it? Need some feedback from you all! Thanks alot...peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
291 Posts
custom...

Just go with a custom one. You're really not gonna get a TON of power of an exhaust anyway, especially not if that's your only mod. I have a custom one with a Magnaflow muffler, and I absolutely love it!! Best of luck,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Comparison....

Ok, thanks for the info pacoisbob, but how about between Magnaflow or Dynomax?? I found a Dynomax one....says it is 30% more effective than magnaflow...what do you all think? I need some more information on this one...thanks alot...peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
291 Posts
Magnaflow...

Well, I gotta tell ya, and I'm sure people are getting sick of me saying this, but I LOVE my Magnaflow muffler. Got a nice, rich, deep tone, but not obnoxious. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking into it...

Best of luck...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Theres lots of universal mufflers out there that are copies of brand names. Try www.arospeed.com, they have good prices and they make quality stuff, I especially like their tuneable Bomb muffler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks willmx6, but I think I have made up my mind and going with the custom exhaust....I am going with 2.5" piping from the cat back to the muffler, and the muffler will be the Ultra-Flo (by Dynomax). Check it out http://www.a-1performance.com/race_magnum/index.htm, it sounds great. Well now that I have thought about how huge I want the piping, and which muffler I am going to use, I still need a tip. Any ideas on that one guys? I thought about the DTM, but ALOT peeps say it is too "ricey", so I am looking for another pretty cool tip that will look awesome on my mx6. Thanks alot guys on your input, hopefully now you can find me with a tip, what do you say? Need opinions.....peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
DTM ricey??? is it more ricey than any other tip style?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well J-Spec, accordning to peeps even on this Bulletin board say it is ricey looking. They have also said that they "hate the DTM's with a passion." Just thought I would let you know. Anybody have any ideas on any exhaust tips that would look good on the 6....besides the GReddy! Thanks alot guys..peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
damn fo real??? i think the dual DTM looks classy. right now i just have the dual tip pencil roll style. it looks pretty tight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts