Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking to get a 75 shot of NOS, but I am afraid that my engine brakes, or getting a turbo to the engine w/120,000 miles on it. What should I do?
Do I have to buy a new fuel pump to make this mods?
What do you recomend me?
Thanks! }) :smokin:

·
Registered
283 Posts
git your compression check first then consider how long you want to keep your car. begin with 50-shot nitrous system for short-term and go with a turbo if you have the cash and want to keep the car around for a while. upgraded fuel pump is required for either mods.

·
Registered
321 Posts
imo if u have the cash and do plan to put something like a turbo or nos in for definite, i'd get a new(er) engine first like 30-40000 on the clock and then mod it. perhaps get the engine separate, build it up outside the car and then do a swap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

Thank you guys! ;)

But what if I just want to rebiuld my engine, what might eb cheaper? rebuild or getting a used one w/less mileage?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are you planning on rebuilding it and modifying it? Or are you just going to stick with the stock 03? Turbo a ZE. That could be cool:tup: NOS and turbo are like in a totally diff. ballpark when it comes to money...although I think the turbo is the best way to go in the longrun. Good luck w/ whatever you do...post some dyno numbers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What others mod recomended?

WHat others mod can I do to 6' without rebuilding the engine? remember it has 120k on it, but it really Kicks Ass, it runs perfect! I already did exhaust system w/super flow muffler and ultra flow Catt converter, CAI mod down to the bottom of the car with a pipe from the CAI box. NGK spark plugs. Mmmmmh I think thats pretty much all i have done to my car. What else I can do to my car? what others mod?
Thanks!
Orion }) :smokin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it were MY choice, I'd go for nitrous.

NOS, btw is a name brand. It's nitrous that you speak of. Nitrous kits can be obtained from NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems), ZEX, Venom, and NX (Nitrous Express).

The best dry kits (My opinions) are made by NOS, the best direct port by NX.

And yes, 13.3 @ 105 was done with a NOS-brand 75 shot dry kit. :D

HTH

·
Registered
257 Posts
yeah, the NOS kit most MX-6 owners use is the NOS 05115. its intended for a Mustang 5.0.
i too intend on getting NOS soon, i'm gonna use the 50 shot for the street, maybe a 75 on the track. definitely do the compression test first. any leakage = boom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Compression?

How much it has to be the compression ratio to be able my engine to work fine with 75 shots or 50 shots?
Very interested in getting Nitrous, its cheaper! Does any one knows some one who might be selling a Nitrous kit in pretty good conditions?
Wich one do you recomend for a V6 mx6?
Thanks!
Orion :smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts