Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i put a thread in the wrong place so now i put one here. my buddy has a 2005 Jetta 2.0. its got 150 hp. i have a 1993 MX-6, which has 164 hp. both of us are auto, but i had a run with him in my 94 altima and he smoked the shizznit out of me. just wanted to know what your guys' input would be on who you guys think would come out in front. i know there is only one way to find out....

·
Registered
639 Posts
ahh its a 2.slow haha well is the altima a 4 or 6cly, and is that 160 at the crank or the wheels for him cause i belive ur gonna be 164 at the wheels correct

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what?????? i thought the second gen mx6 was pushing 164 ast the crank??? and no my altima was a first gen with 150 hp sedan. hes a sedan too and hes pushing 150 hp at the crank. so i dont know who it will be on top.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
mx654321 said:
what?????? i thought the second gen mx6 was pushing 164 ast the crank??? and no my altima was a first gen with 150 hp sedan. hes a sedan too and hes pushing 150 hp at the crank. so i dont know who it will be on top.
yes the second gen has 164ish crank hp and 160ish tq...

You an auto, he is an auto...im gonna say you barely win... but im not entirely sure, it's gonna be a slow race... :) atx vs atx :urg:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
horsepower is just a number, do go getting all frizzled because you has less HP then you. look at the TQ numbers, the weight of each vehicle and you can make an educated guess from there.

It doesnt matter how much HP you have. its how its used. 115 hp.. like some of our n/a 1g cars... isnt the same as 115hp on a motorcycle... but why is the bike faster.... BECAUSE IT WEIGHS LESS

so look up the stats and with all things equal... you should be able to figure it out

also checking the 0-60 times wouldnt hurt either

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info and opinions peeps. but we are gonna make some runs after work today so i'll fill you all in on how it goes. :D

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I'm betting on the Jetta because it *looks* lighter, they're both automatics, and the Jetta is newer (so less power lost due to age / wear).

But really, shouldn't even consider it a race when it's between two 16 second vehicles.

·
Registered
639 Posts
But really, shouldn't even consider it a race when it's between two 16 second vehicles
bwhahaha thats kinda funny lol :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
can i tell you a story?..my brother had a 1995 jetta 2.0 moded the hell out of it...and everytime we went out on a weekend we used to play around.
he always got beat by 2/3 cars lenght til one day he got pissed and sold the slow a$$ car and bought a saab turbo...now it's a fair race...oh i have the i4 mx6 fully moded.
so dont sweat it......and altimas not even the new ones are fast

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahahaha. ok toxic dont hold ur breath bout the new altimas man. stock with a good driver ive seen those things get down to 13.9 stock. no mods and thats a four door fully aspirated motor.

·
Registered
639 Posts
but 13.9 thats with a untuned maxima motor in the v6 altima not the 4cyl altima but 13.9 thats pushin it a little the maximas run around 14.5-14.7 with a stick the altima is less power and i dont even know if they come in 5spd

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I wonder what a Altima SE-R would run with a good driver.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not much of a difference to the 3.5, it only has bout 5 horses more but its a little heavier. it just has more sportier styling.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my god man.....the new nissan altima 3.5 se 2005. i have seen that thing run 13.9 at the track with a good driver.

and yes they come in manual and auto. visit www.altimas.net

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it's actually 10hp and if you consider less than 60lbs "heavier" lol

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man you havent driven these cars have you? the se-r badge does nothing for the altima, it just gives it a, how should i say it, "aura" i guess. and trust me 60 pounds is nothing.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
actually I have...a black one, and "and altimas not even the new ones are fast" compared to what? hahah

they blow circles around the 2g.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
actually I have...a black one, and "and altimas not even the new ones are fast" compared to what? hahah
How much power did that give?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
btw, if your 2g is running at decently, you'll creep by the VW jetta...they weight in at 3285 and only have 150hp (~130ish at the wheels; you, 2623 lbs and 164hp (~140ish at the wheels)

so 600lbs lighter, drivers being equal weight and roughly 10+ horsepower at the wheels...BUT, they have 170 to your 160ft lbs of torque...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
How much power did that give?
None...but they aren't slow IMO. handling is fairly decent as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts