Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 93 2nd gen 6, I got into a bad wreck, I am getting a new clip of the rear end put on soon. Anyways, I'll have to get it repainted, I figured if I'm doing that then i should put a body kit on it as well(decided shogun).

My dilema is that I have the 14" stock rims, should I go ahead and live with the body kit with those rims for a while or should I get rims first and wait later on for the body kit...like I said the only reason I wanted the kit first is cuz I have to paint the entire car right now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i think u should get the body kit first because your rims arnt going to be that big of deal even though there the stock 14's but most people will see you when your moving and be like hell yeah look at that beautiful 6 and not pay attention to your wheels

M

·
0 Posts
get the body kit, just wrecked my car 2 days ago after getting my shogun kit 5 days ago. Hte you kit put on and fully repainted like mine, you don't need and thing extra with rims install painting ect so you can just buy them anythime you have enough money GET THE KIT AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE RIMS FOR AWHILE

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry but what i hate the most is seeing a car with a fullbody kit with some stock wheels. I think it looks terrilbe.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I agree with MazX6. Get the wheels first. The MX6 already looks great without a kit.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey go ahead and get the wheels first because it is a waste to have a phat kit and wack ass wheels.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I decided to get a nice paintjob, then do couple of performance upgrades, rims next and finally kit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
If your gonna get rims, get some tenzo r poke 10's they awesome my friend just got em' A+

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If i get the car paintned the get a body kit later...once the body kit is painted will it match the car?

·
Registered
153 Posts
i got my rims at a place called TMA in my town there the zoom alloy rims i believe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts