Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that many of you have asked about what you can and cannot beat. I go to the drag races and race my car almost every Friday Night. I never post what happens because I do it so often. If any of you would like to know what can beat us and what cannot I can post the kills that I have every week. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well tonight I didn't have a very good night. I beat a lot of cars but I lost to a couple that I should have beat. My best time tonight was only a 15.3. That sucks! My best time so far was a 15.1 but I can't seem to get a good launch right now. I keep getting wheel hop or I don't get the RPM's up high enough. I did beat alot of Ricers tonight though.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
umm

mrmx6 said:
Are you driving a 4 banger?
the ZE is a V6....
and a nice one at that :)

mee want ZE goodness... <droooool!!!>>

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the ZE is a V6. I think I've figured out what my problem is. I think that it's the suspension. I still have the stock setup with 120K miles on it so when I launch I always get either wheel spin, wheel hop or I bog. I thought it was me at first but I've been drag racing for a while and never had any problems with any other cars. Then I drove my friends car which is a PGT with a similar set up and did way better. The only thing I can figure is that it's my suspension because the problem is definetly in the launch. Oh, well I still beat just about all the other imports there. This last Friday I beat a built Del Sol, a couple Integras, an older Camaro, and some kind of hopped up SUV not sure what it was though. Does anyone know what it could have been? It looked like a new blazer or something. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy but it was pretty quick for an SUV. He ran a 15.7 in it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Re: umm

Rufnek69 said:

the ZE is a V6....
and a nice one at that :)

mee want ZE goodness... <droooool!!!>>

there is a KF-ZE 2.0 4-banger that's quite potent. watch out for them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Canabliss said:
How new could it have been? Not possibly a Typhoon? Maybe a LT1 conversion?
HECK NO NOT A TYPHOON!!!! Their stock times are like 13.0 1/4 times!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i would be interested in reading posts of your kills....

i love the drag strip. been there once and i loved it. such an adrenilin rush the first time you run. my car was stock and it was a 1/8th mile track. i could also not get a good launch. kept squealing the tires. best time was 10.6 @ 70mph. i only raced about 4 times because i was across the state and didnt want to break down 3hours from home. also, i kept rolling off the staging lights. the ebrake wouldve helped but it sticks sometimes.

solar

·
Registered
28 Posts
15.1 huh? Thats not bad, but there are a lot of cars out there that are bone stock pretty ****ing fast. I wish my roommate got a KL-ZE, racing him in his KL-03 is boring. Ohh well, I hope his headers make it a worthwhile race. Its too bad that I am getting a new engine installed with hopefully extra 20 more hp :D since its the better 13BT. 15.1 is a pretty good time though not bad. Kudos!! BTW, raced any TII RX-7s? :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey FastTII7 are you on the rx7club board? I just recently got an '87 TII and I love it. I got it to run a 15.6 a few weekends back. That's with it desperatly needing a tune up and all that. I got it and had to race it so I went ahead and took it out even though I hadn't tuned it up yet. I can't wait to see what it'll run when I get it all tuned right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am mostly on the rx7forum board (WHICH IS THE SAME THING, I never really went to www.rx7club.com before, just rx7forum.com but they are the same site, kept on editting my reply LOL). I got my 86 RX7 TII down to 15.177 with downpipe, intake, and suspension work. I had to get the engine replaced since it was shot before I bought it. Now she is getting a newer 91 engine from Japan. DOn't know if its been ported or not, really hoping it is =) Hopefully I will get down to the mid 14's because I have a good exhaust this time, putting on an electrical fan, a boost controller. The only downside, is that this time my clutch looks a bit worn and my tires are getting worn too. But at any rate, I should be doing better. TIIs are fast, I hope you have as much fun with your as I do with mine =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts