Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this/got linked to this from probetalk, but i think everyone should check it out.

might be a sickest/most creative twin turbo setup ive ever seen.

99 GT DIY Remote TT Install - MPH Forums

i smiled so big when i saw he used the side skirts as charge pipes. i love shit like that.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
yeah and anyone in the back seat sits there and all of a sudden starts screaming about their ass being of fire... :)

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Very cool, very unique, never seen that before myself. I'd ditch the stereo install to save on a boat load of weight. That sub, its box and all that equipment probably adds around 100pounds.
:shrug:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Creative? yes
Can you say turbo lag? yes
Silly? yes..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Holy crap now thats some creativity. I think that is just awesome use of fabricating skills. Nice way to hide almost everything. :p

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
creativity yes, but when his seat catches on fire... wowowow....
I know the new gto's had a turbo kit that went with the muffler which was pointless IMHO... why would you spend the money/time to do it like that, when it would probably be cheaper and easier to di it at the manifolds? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
creativity yes, but when his seat catches on fire... wowowow....
I know the new gto's had a turbo kit that went with the muffler which was pointless IMHO... why would you spend the money/time to do it like that, when it would probably be cheaper and easier to di it at the manifolds? :shrug:
Because it's NOT cheaper or easier to do it at the manifolds just like the late model F bodies. Not to mention it runs cooler and it allows the emissions equipment to remain un disturbed.

This has been discussed too many times before so if you have questions about the details of a remote mount turbo, search.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Oh yer I saw this car on www.holyshitmycarcaughtonfireandnowimdead.com

I made enough ranting on this remote turbocharging idea on probetalk. Its like, a roof mounted turbo would be awesome and original too, but not neccessarily better.

Also im not that up their when it comes to air flow etc, but im sure square pipes arent great for it. Very clever with the sideskirts though appearance wise.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Oh yer I saw this car on www.holy[shizzle]mycarcaughtonfireandnowimdead.com

I made enough ranting on this remote turbocharging idea on probetalk. Its like, a roof mounted turbo would be awesome and original too, but not neccessarily better.

Also im not that up their when it comes to air flow etc, but im sure square pipes arent great for it. Very clever with the sideskirts though appearance wise.
Oh yeah, it's known that square piping and even ports flow less than piping and ports of similar volume.

In this case the remote setup was done for style rather than anything else but in the case of cars like the 4th gen F body and newer GTO there are real practical benefits to a remote setup.

No one who designs them claims they are more efficient or powerful than header mounted systems but as far as cost is concerned you will likely never see a system that compets with STS for those cars.

If you want to see what it costs to run either a twin or single front mount in one of those cars you can search. You'll notice that even if you dont count the price of the work done that most of those cars are cut up and lose accesories like A/C and power steering or have to invest in custom drives to keep everything.

Hell my 3rd gen with a simple SBC would require either cutting up the unibody or swapping to another acc drive to route any kind of FM turbo system.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
bah - such a tease.

Going to start looking for it else where...

*edit* - got one so far...

*edit* 2
another little one:

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
n2o_matt said:
WINNER!

Matt remind me to get some Hookers next time I see you!

EDIT: One Hooker. The original thread had pictures from beginning to end including his back seat with fire proofing. You could not tell that it was twin turbo whatsoever. It was stealth as fcuk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts