Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one install side indicator lights (ie, between the front wheel and door - see top left picture)?

Who does these kinds of things, and how much (approx) would it cost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
These lights cost me $10 dollars each with a bulb. There are actually a couple of different models of it out there, no specific brand I don't think. They have the set where you just pop the reflector out and then just screw the back of the light into your car and then pop th ereflector back in. There are also the set where you have to cut out a hole on the car itseld and have the entire housing fit in there. I chose to get this kind rather than the later because the other ones seemed too flimsyand would be very easy to steal.

As far as who would do this... any import shop will be able to install this for you. i was quoted $50 for th einstall itself. I. being a DIY'er, opted to install them myself. I got my handy dandy dremel out and cut a rectangle exactly the size of the housing. Then I popped th ehousing in and ran th eproper wiring. Right now, I would actually have to go in from behing th eoutside panel and puch the clip on th ehousing in in order to remover them from the car so they're basically steal proof.

Check out a pic of it here
http://www.geocities.com/jpmx6gt/_wheel_marker.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts