Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i wire my side marker lights to blink with my turn signals(corner lights) and still stay on when not blinking? i've searched and searched here and on probetalk and couldn't find it.

the only thread i found was one in first gen where the guy said to wire the ground of the side marker to the power of the turn signal. somehow he said that this would make them blink oppositely of each other.
will this work?

·
Registered
299 Posts
You could theoretically wire it to work, if you are extremely gifted in the art of screwing with your car's electronics... You have to rewire the lighting relays under your steering column..... I was thinkin about doin it..... but after 2 hours under there tryin to decipher what was what from my repair manual..... I gave up with a damn sore back........ so go for it..... but its a biotch. Be warned.

Mike

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured that you should be able to just mess with the wires going to the harness for the bulbs and not with anything in the dash. it should just be an easy splice or maybe splicing in a relay somewhere under the fender. i know someone has done this - so any info is appreciated.

if its like what you said, mike, i will not smurf with it

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Its hard

If you are gifted you can rework the wiring setup for the corners that are the turn signals, split the wires and then run them to the corners, but you need to get the car up on a lift and get behind the firewall and all the good shite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts