Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody give me some info on what is involved in installing blinkers on the front quarter panels above the LS logo?? I have seen a few 6s with them and I think they look great!:cool:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They have different side markers available. Some only involve drilling a hole big enough for the bulb and wire to go through and then you just drill 2 screws into the body and that pretty much fixes it to the car. In my opinion, these are cheap and don't look that great. The ones that I have required me to cut a hole almost the size of the fixture in the panel of the car. It is not a flat piece but an enclosure similar to the stock sidemarkers. The hole was cut very easily with a dremel and a cutoff wheel. Wiring is a snap unless you want to go all fance and have them blink out of sequence which would require a relay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jorge,

Your sidemarkers look really good (Factory like)!

What brand are they and where did ya get them??

Thanks.

Rye

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks anyway Jorge!

Could you tell me the shop name and address?

I get over to Jersey a lot for work, maybe I can swing by.

Thanks again!

BTW - Your car is hot! Like your web site!

I'm sure I'll have more questions for you!

Rye

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how do I know what to ask for so I don't get the cheesy ones that you mentioned? Do yours blink at
the same time as your normal blinkers?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the lead!

Looks Promising!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine are being installed as we speek, I will post a pic when they are done. I am sure they are the good ones, because he said they were the kind that took 2 hours to install. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts