Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody put on any different side view mirrors, because i'm interested in doing this because my divers side mirror got clipped while it was parked

·
Registered
136 Posts
Once I get done with my projector headlights I'm gonna make an extension to the stock side mirrors to incorporate the mercedes style turn signals on them..

jason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M3 mirrors

You can get M3 mirrors that are designed for a civic to fit the MX6, all it takes is small altercations to teh outer plastic piece that would fit in place. It's not much modification, I sell them here in Toronto at my shop so I've seen how they work first hand. You can try it out, but I'm sure they'll fit.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the celica mirrors have the same triangle as the rx-7. maybe theyll fit a 6 too!

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Re: M3 mirrors

MX6boy said:
You can get M3 mirrors that are designed for a civic to fit the MX6, all it takes is small altercations to teh outer plastic piece that would fit in place. It's not much modification, I sell them here in Toronto at my shop so I've seen how they work first hand. You can try it out, but I'm sure they'll fit.
What year Civic???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not that it would help or anything, but i just had my car repainted and redid the side mirors in black with the body white, i liek it a lot. Just a suggestion for people with all the same color.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
JPMX6GT said:
Stock Toyota Celica 93 will fit the MX6 and they look lile the M3 mirrors.
Yep, those are the ones. they look pretty tight too... i think all the 90-93s fit, am i right Jorge?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am not the mod master but they said the 93 will fit and if these are the same specs they should fit. Also since they do fit the celicas of 93 then if they are not a direct fit they should only need slight mods to get them to work. Please dont quote me on this as i am not 100% sure.

One of the other modders here will be able to give you a better answer.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
so what mirrors have people actually put on the 6 then? RX7, Celica, Civic...any others? im going to the junkyard on saturday to look for mirrors...so let me know any suggestions

·
Registered
111 Posts
from my experimenting with mirrors, you will never find a mirror that will give you the same view as the stock ones. engineers spent hours designing mirrors that will sit at the best angle for a reason. No to discourage anyone, this is just my experience. Did you know some jdm mx6's have the same mirrors as mx3's but with different mounting brackets- i know i found out the hard way. you never get the same view.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have m3 mirrors on my 6 from a 97honda accord SE, it does have a smaller view of things but it looks alot better and the blue leds really turn heads when i go around

·
Registered
111 Posts
daveandthe6 said:
slient-did you know that you can move the mirror and angle in different ways to get the view you want
yea i'm pretty familiar with that feature which most modern cars are equipped with. I meant the angle of the entire assembly....pardon my sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i just got mine in, they are from a 98 and up accord. i will be posting pics before and after instal

1 - 19 of 19 Posts