Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
nice lense.. priced inline with the low-end canon 75-300, but with quicker focus servos, and much better build quality imo.

decent macro mode too.. well.. as good as a telephoto can do macro, anyway. anyways both of these are out of the camera untouched.. (these are the low res resizes from webshots.. full sized versions are linked) good color separation, great contrast.. even on a very overcast and foggy day. I didn't use the haze filter.. i'll actually give that a try next.

http://image71.webshots.com/71/5/40/49/2291540490102524778MvqwMI_fs.jpg

another shot:

http://image73.webshots.com/73/9/88/55/2768988550102524778fBnhFb_fs.jpg

I like it. replaced a 35-150 i had purchased... too much overlap. this lense, i have continuous range from 18mm to 255mm (corrected for the 1.35 ccd conversion factor in the XT)

still have to play around with it... these were af, with no planning of the shots etc... the second pic particularly, i could have shaprened up significantly with manual focus and iso control.. but i wanted to see what it could do in purely point and click mode.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, there's a ton of improvement to be had - this is full autotragic mode. my main joy comes form the distinct lack of purple fringe, and relative contrast/color depth capture.

rebel xt's are going pretty cheap now... but try for an xti.. pretty much identical in terms of image capture, but the xti has the software bugs worked out, and 2 extra mp's (although at this level its not about mp's)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whatever, fanboy.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i have an xti...i don't know how to use it either. i wish my electrical instructor was also a photographer so she could explain photography to me in as great of a way that she explains electrical.

took these this afternoon..no alteration other than resize.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
You need to work on your centering Mary, otherwise they look nice.

·
Registered
737 Posts
considering 3 out of the 4 are pretty much centered, i disagree. ;) also, not everything has to be centered in the middle of the picture. that makes for very boring and repetative picture taking. boooooooo :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
then work on your framing of the other inanimate objects ;)

If I had a decent SLR again, I'd show you what I mean ;)

·
Registered
737 Posts
:shrug: i think they look fine. don't really care for the last one too much but i really like the 3rd one. 1st one pretty good and i like the way it's framed. the second one would have been better had i not cut off the bottom bit. i wasn't really trying to take any kind of spectacular pictures...these were all in autofantastic mode and i was shooting with my sunglasses one ;) :cool: so there. i like them and that's all that matters :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I'm just being nitpicky is all ;)

I like #3 the best, but I would've zoomed out and captured the entire flower, and just a little bit of stalk.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm just being nitpicky is all ;)

I like #3 the best, but I would've zoomed out and captured the entire flower, and just a little bit of stalk.
hah yea i agree about #3. problem with that was it was surrounded by dumb whispy leave things and the in order for me to get that shot and see what i'm doing at the same time, i'd have had to lay on the ground on my back and get all technical about it. i wasn't willing to do that yesterday. i was lucky to get the shot i did because i just kind of threw the camera upside down amost and snapped the pic. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts