Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY Pete.
Theres a dozen (well - a couple of ) posts for your response down below, WHERE ARE YOU?

Also Peter where'd you get your HT leads from and were they available in any other colour. (I want yellow 7 or 8mm)

TIA
4WSB (New rego MX SIX)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yea I want some fat Ht leads 2..
And I think silver may be able to help me with my gear box oil {He has the red line oil}
Got to get the car tip top for the east cruse you know!!
Where for art thow silver???

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The HT leads I got are Red Champions 8mm, Carbon Fibre conductor. Got them from Repco. I don't think any lead come in Yellow, I've seen, blue and black ones.

The Red Line oil is the best stuff I've every used. I was going to spend $1500 to change the Syncros in the gear box, but decided to try some red line first. Cost around $120 and it fixed all my problems. As for goinf from 2nd to 5th I have never tried it. The problem I had was that it was grinding from 1st -> 2nd -> 3rd. The gear box is still not perfect as it still grinds when it is cold but that quickly disappears when warmed up. I guess I'll change the Syncros when I get my clutch replaced.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
So, do you think it may be a good "patch up job" for an ailing gearbox?
Regardless I'll give it a go!
Thanks Mate
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I would definetly give Red Line a go. Thats if they have any more in stock. I think a few people from AUSPOC is also buying it. Since the stuff is imported in low volume it may take a while if there out of stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts