Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
~89 MAZDA MX6 GT~

***********list of MODS SITTING IN MY ROOM should net me some easy 13's***************

t bird hybrid [rebuilt by majestic turbo ] ported wastegate
ported exhaust mani
ported 02 dump
2.5 dp
2.5 test pipe
2.5 manderal bent exhaust with stainless muffler.. straight threw
UDP
90-92 330cc injectors
pace****ter sts

**********THINGS I WILL HAVE OVER WINTER*********

ZombieSS chip
2 new racing seats [super light]
rota slipstreams 16's 12 lbs rims
poly my motor mounts

**********8THINGS UNDER QUESTION*************

clutch
flywheel

i have no clue what clutch this car has.. how old.. maybe stock.. with 130k..

all i know is it holds perfect so i dunno whats going to happen

**********THINGS ALL READY [email protected]********
H/R SPRINGS
KYB STRUTS
cone filter
greddy profec b EBC
k/n crankcase breather filter
and at the time i had 17's kosei k1's with 225-45-17's but i sold them so im back to stockers till i buy rota's..

???????so whats you guys opinion.. ???????

i know its a UP IN THE AIR QUESTION.. but im excited to put everything on..

i might rebuild the head cuase it does smoke on cold start for a second but it also coupld be the stock turbo the leaks oil..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah any suggestions? changes? or idea's other then what i mentioned above?

maybe someone else thinks im doing something wrong?

i wanna hear any kind of opinion on above stuff.. or something im leaving out..

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Hold on here let me understand this. You ran 14.3 at 16 psi on the stock turbo, with no fuel mods or any type of chip? This doesn't sound quite right.

-Nick

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Levi-GT said:
Hold on here let me understand this. You ran 14.3 at 16 psi on the stock turbo, with no fuel mods or any type of chip? This doesn't sound quite right.

-Nick
IT DONT? thats strange cuase it wasn t at 16psi.. it was 11.5ish.. i don t have a chip or vaf mod.. plus my car is pushing it on 11 psi fuel wise..

·
Registered
737 Posts
I was running just a boost controller with no other mods, boost set at 12psi. I was fighting to run 15.8. Is it right, are you saying that with that greddy boost controller it seems real? That's a second and a half, that's a lot. I noticed that his slip said 1000 ft times then 1/4. I first thought, maybe it was 1000 foot times. But wow, that time with those mods. Maybe the person before him did something he does'nt know about. It just seems quite odd. Not to mention he was riding on huge 17's. He did say that he does'nt know what clutch is in there, maybe there are other mods he does'nt know about.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
drsjr1980 said:
Not to mention he was riding on huge 17's. He did say that he does'nt know what clutch is in there, maybe there are other mods he does'nt know about.
17's = 16 lbs a piece = LIGHT!! 225-45-17 = traction

and i bought my car from a older lady.. you really think shes' going to put a aftermarket clutch in it? i bought it completly stock with 130k

side note - do you believe me that my 91pgt went [email protected] and [email protected] on the stock turbo? :D

ive been around the block and know what it takes to luanch and drive theses cars pretty well..

i love turbo gt's :E

·
Registered
737 Posts
ok, the 17's might be light, but depending on the series of the tires it diameter may be bigger slightly changing your gearing. Just a thought. I might have to look into that profec B though. I see you put 225 45 17. 45 isn't really that low. But hey, you're doing something right.

·
Registered
266 Posts
wow- you guys are quick to doubt the guys numbers...

and truthfully I did too initially.... but no ****- that car is hauling ass.

with the less rotating mass and the taller tire, the changes still would be favorable - less rotating mass certianly could equal up to .2 in the 1/4 mi.

What exhaust mods does the car have?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SteedaJeff said:
wow- you guys are quick to doubt the guys numbers...

What exhaust mods does the car have?
stock......

sounds like **** with 11 psi pushing threw it.

also i still think taller tire = better times..

·
Registered
642 Posts
in regards to the tire, i run 17 45 215's and i can get out of the hole pretty well (most of the time, as long as i dont get TOO excited). but then again i launch on 7psi, then hit the boost switch just b4 i change to 2nd gear (yes, my hands are going crazy when i launch my car in a drag race).

p.s-great time man. sounds like u got a freak motor on ur hands!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
black_tx5 said:

p.s-great time man. sounds like u got a freak motor on ur hands!
thanks..

my freak motor likes fluids though:( but then again the rad cap don t seal.. so its probally that

quart of oil every 2 weeks.. but the turbo leaks a ton of oil! haha

everything will be fixed up by spring!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
TURBOsix said:
thanks..

my freak motor likes fluids though:( but then again the rad cap don t seal.. so its probally that

quart of oil every 2 weeks.. but the turbo leaks a ton of oil! haha

everything will be fixed up by spring!

Your car sound like my car.though i got a little more mod than you on my 89gt,but the car haul a$$,I ran 11.9 sec hatch turbo civic from a roll we stay even through 3 gears before we shot off.I have the following mod though
evc boost controller set 18 psi
zombie chip
complete 2.5" exhaust/downpipe w/catco cat
intake with ram air
rota slipstream 13lb rims w/dot legal tires.

the cars was at myrtle beach this year and the car is a beast.

I have ran counless modded 5.0gt,z28, even charles rx7 turbo upgrade.
point is electronic boost controller did make a different.though i took it of and replace with manual boost controller cause the car is going on sale.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
TURBOsix said:
sounds like a champ.. why u selling it?
well since i spend too much money on my 92gt.upgraded turbo/fuel/ignition/suspension/wheel and so on.now its ready to be driving,which is why i dont need the 89gt anymore.is either i sell the 89gt or my 300zxtt.so i decide on the 89gt

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ademan said:
well since i spend too much money on my 92gt.upgraded turbo/fuel/ignition/suspension/wheel and so on.now its ready to be driving,which is why i dont need the 89gt anymore.is either i sell the 89gt or my 300zxtt.so i decide on the 89gt
yeah i would sell the 89 over the tt too..

you have pics of the 92?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
TURBOsix said:
yeah i would sell the 89 over the tt too..

you have pics of the 92?
yes,i have a old pic of it.but its going to the body shop next week to get painted black though.i can email it to you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ademan said:

I have ran counless modded 5.0gt,z28, even charles rx7 turbo upgrade.
I ment to ask you did you beat the civic on the highway back? I wanted to run you somemore but i had the family in the car!!! I told baxter that i wanted to run that black 2 gen turbo that he had to see what it could do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts