Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search couldnt really find anything i was wondering if anyone has done an actually skyline talights conversion, i did a photoshop, and i think that it would look really good, ... this isnt my car that i photoshoped, but it looks good i think somoene should (me when i get my 6) do a skyline conversion

sorry im not the best at photoshop but o well u get hte point

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Somebody did a set but it looked sorta messed up, because they also did an extreme widebody. Sorta looked like they rushed it because the tails themselves extended past the original bumper area and stuck out of the sides. I'll look for the post. BTW, if you want some tails, my company is making some Supra replicas.
Crooks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah did see that :( very badly done, but i give him credit for trying., honestly if i tried it i couldnt do any better.. :) lol , the supra tails htey will fit right into ours with no customizing? and how much $$ they plan 2 cost.., and please dont tell me they will be like altezas haha

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
actually, those aren't skyline lights, they're the accord 3-d tailights.

*correct me if i'm wrong*

But there is a picture of a 6 with corvette taillights, imho, it looked tight as hell with the rest of the custom work.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The Skyline tails would look garish on an Mx6.

First off it is alot bigger than the two sides of the Mx6, not to mention completely square versus rounded like an mx6 side. Any attempt at them would be horridly expensive and will probably look like ass.

The corvette lights are more doable since the rear of the vetter is slightly curved.

If you want to be truly ghetto fabulous and save some money do a Chevy Malibu light. They look almost like the R33 GTR tail lights and I am sure they are hell of a lot cheaper. Not to mention it has a rounded upper profile, more in keeping with the Mx6 lines.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, the link doesn't work. I looked up the old pic of the corvette tails on the 6, and that picture is dead here on mx6.com. Maybe its still somewhere else. I dunno. They did look hella tight tho.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
wow, that aqua 6 is BUTT.

i was thinking about the r32 tails, they look like they'll fit MUCH better than the 33 or 34s....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I actually think that 6 looks pretty cool with the wide body. I think someone should make a kit wide like an old conquest, i think it would look good

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
actually all skyline tail lights have housings, none of them are just pods sitting in the body, and i agree, i think the R32's would fit better because their housing is shaped somewhat similar to our tail lights , whereas the R33 and R34 housings are bigger and oddly shaped. look on ebay, they have all kinds of them.
Matt

·
Registered
117 Posts
parisifal said:
The Skyline tails would look garish on an Mx6.

If you want to be truly ghetto fabulous and save some money do a Chevy Malibu light. They look almost like the R33 GTR tail lights lines.
i think you mean Chevy Impala. My parents own a Malibu..trust me. nothing like a skyline LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
its kinda weird cuz i did a Pshop about a month ago using same pic of skyline lights. u left out the reverse light and stuck em too close togehter but i think its the same idea. here is how mine looks. be nice cuz i suck a Pshop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts