Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't ever post here, but I feel like I have to brag about my last street race. I was driving back home late last night and and I heard the familiar boxer rumble. I saw a WRX merge onto the road and catch up to me, and this guy had a few mods. There was at least a FMIC and aftermarket exhaust, not to mention the car was lowered. Not sure why he needed the STi scoop with a front mount but whatever, it's his car. I speed up by him and he weaves through some cars to catch up to me. I gave him the thumbs up to say "nice car", but I guess he thought we were racing. He guns it and I do so shortly after, but he missed a shift. I saw him look down and he slams into the back of a woman that had just switched lanes. By this time he had me by about half a car length, but I started pulling on him. By the time the race was over I had won by maybe 40, 50 car lengths. That, kids, is why street racing is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
hahahaha,

you had him by 40 or 50 cars LOLZ

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now, on a quest to find a subbie forum with the guy telling his story :p
Always funny to hear someone try to make an excuse for their crash

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha i've been looking, i'm on a bunch of subie forums from when i was gonna buy an STi. I haven't seen anything yet today but I'm gonna chime in the second that "race" pops up and call him out in front of everyone.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
barvo good sir.

would read again

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
My buddy Scott was racing a WRX last winter in his 1.8T, it was 5AM they where on the parkway, Scott slowed for a oncoming corner but the kid in the Subi just kept on the gas, never made the corner, went over the snow bank, through the field of snow and crashed into a tree. I see the marks on the tree when I drive to work.

Looks like Honda drivers also buy subaru's.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
There are certain cars that wankers buy and think that suddenly they are a formula 1 driver. Hondas we know, WRX's are another. In Australia Skyline owners are known for their crash-into-tree and spin out on a straight road antics. Not to say that if you have these cars you are a shit driver, but many shit drivers certainly have these cars.

Nice race story.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I think dont crash is a better moral.
I think -If you miss shifts and have to look at the shifter, you shouldn't be racing anywhere.

Or
Bad driver + Racing + Traffic (full of unpredictably bad drivers) = Bad Things.

Whitenoyz, from your story I am picturing you in the left lane and him in the lane next to you (to your right). Maybe you got lucky he missed a shift, you say he was 1/2 car length ahead when he hit her.
Imagine he didn't miss the shift, is 3/4 of a car length ahead, sees the woman, panics and veers into your lane...

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I didnt know people looked at the shifter when they miss a gear, I just swear pump the clutch then try again :).

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think -If you miss shifts and have to look at the shifter, you shouldn't be racing anywhere.

Or
Bad driver + Racing + Traffic (full of unpredictably bad drivers) = Bad Things.

Whitenoyz, from your story I am picturing you in the left lane and him in the lane next to you (to your right). Maybe you got lucky he missed a shift, you say he was 1/2 car length ahead when he hit her.
Imagine he didn't miss the shift, is 3/4 of a car length ahead, sees the woman, panics and veers into your lane...
Yep, i was in the middle lane and he was to my right; it was kinda the womans fault, she looked like she was trying to cross over two lanes to make a turn.

·
Registered
619 Posts
people look down at the gearstick? oh my.... Some people should never drive manual.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
people look down at the gearstick? oh my.... Some people should never drive manual.
I'd have to agree. The aftermarket shifter in the celica has such a short throw that I couldn't tell what gear it was in by looking at it I wanted too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts