Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finally have everything together, and working good...

Now I have a slight idle problem. I've searched, but nothing is similar to the problem I have...

Idles fine but with an ever so slight misfire. Now, before you go saying there are lots of topics on this, read the rest.

Only does it when engine is cold, once the temp gauge gets to normal operating temp, no more misfire. Every thread I have read that it close to my problem, has it being worse when warm :confused:

Just a few things I checked:

-No exhaust leaks, plugged the tailpipe, nothing escaping along joints, and car stalled after a few seconds (I did this cuz I thought it might be a backfire from air getting into exhaust)

-Idle sits nicely at ~600 rpm (could be a touch higher, I may set that again)

-No problems when I "blip" the throttle, or rev it

Now, I can't road test it yet, I have to bleed the brakes, but it's too damn cold right now lol

Something I thought about is bad gas? The car has had 1/4 tank sitting there for about 9 months :eek: I'm wondering if it could be that? But if it were bad gas, wouldn't the problem be more evident when revving it up?

Pour on the suggestions!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Gas could do it after sitting around that long. Loose plug or plug wires? Small vacuum leak pre-throttle body, oil on a plug from valve cover gasket leaking a bit, air or water in the fuel line, small clog in the fuel filter, just guesses to consider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts