Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V6-2.5 94 model and it has a slight periodic misfire when it is idling and at around 2000 with a small throttle opening. I have: new NGK plugs, new distributor cap (old one was slightly cracked), new rotor, new air filter in the car. It's better, but not gone.

The distributor is fairly new, only about 5 months, and the plug wires around 7 months.

The car pulls fine, but when I take my foot off the accelerator I can feel the misfire when the rpm dropped over 2000. It also has a slight hesitation and stuttering when I apply very little throttle at the low rpm's, but disappears when I push the throttle in deeper. The problem was always there, it just got worst and worst up to a point where it irritates the living crap out of me.. :)

What would my next step be?
I was thinking of the following:
- Dirty fuel filter. Mine has done around 30k miles
- Throttle position sensor
- Mass flow sensor
- Wrong CO mixtures
- Wrong engine mapping.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thankx

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 93 automatic with 100,000 miles on it and it does the same crap as yours does. I dont know what to do and it it really annoying, Your not the only one with the problem!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the car at an electrical shop and they did change the plug wires, and it was the same, if not worst, so they put my old ones back. That is when we discovered the rotor and cracked distributor cap. That improved it, but didn't fix the problem.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. :)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
possibly oil in the spark plug wells? just a guess...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be, if it is leaking like crazy, cause I did clean it out with the last service. There weren't much oil in there, and only in the nr 1 cylinder and I've only done around 1000 since then.

I'm gonna check out all the voltages and sensors (VAF, TPS, IAT etc) this weekend to try and pinpoint the problem.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts