Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my 1992 mx6 v6 (auto) for a little over a month now and it has shut down on me three times. i did a search of the forums and in most cases, other peoples mx6s shut down while on high revs - as a result of the disty problem commonly found in early model mx6s. anyhow, my problem is slightly different in that my car has shut down while it was stationary at red lights twice and once while i was going around a roundabout - is this also a result of disty failure? each time it has happened very suddenly with no signs of it coming, at the lights i didn't even notice it until i tried to accelerate (the stereo and headlights etc still work), the car started first time i tried it on each occasion. additionally, i had my car inspected when i bought it.

any input would be much appreciated!
kevin

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
that could be a distributor problem, but it sounds more like u may have a vacuum leak to me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
mine is doing the same exact thing right now... she only does it when the engine is warm though, so from other people's stories i'm thinking it might be the IAC...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts