Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering... Us cars 2.2l engines... european engines 2.0l ...

Alot of the mods I see on homepages and such, made in the use, would they fit correctly for me on my car, is the only difference engine size or such?? I was wondering because I saw on probesport that they had a PRD air intake kit that looks really nice, but was wondering whether it would actually bolt straight on to my engine, as it would a 2.2l engine ???

And also items which say GT only, basically meaning for the turbo engines... would they fit for me, since I have a GT model, but it is not a turboed engine???

Just wondering...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
OK so if your engine 2.0 its DOHC Fe3 block, the 2.2 is F2 block(just general info)........... most sites are refering to turbo F2(a.k.a. F2T) as GT. yours is different GT so some of the stuff will not fit. as for F2 mods fitting a Fe3.... most will. the differences so far i have found between F2(or F2T) and Fe3 are the head(duh.. :)), the air intake plenum(manifolt) set about 2 cm ferhter on Fe3 than on F2, and the stroke is different......other than those things generaly its all the same

Did that make sence???:rolleyes:
anyway, hope that helped

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that made kind of sense. Thanx for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts