Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, one of my mates put a soccerball to my windscreen, causing it to crack into spider webs sections the size of my hand and splits off into sections...

Has anyone had a windscreen replaced or know of how much etc?

He's paying so i just need some rough prices.. :p

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Looking in the vicinity of $200-$300 for a front windscreen for the 2G (including new seals) ... but I'm sure you could do better second hand (I wouldn't recommend a second hand front windscreen ... but the others wouldn't be bad).

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
$215 with new seals the other day for the 92 tx5.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a scratch on the driver's side front window... where the previous owner neglected to replace the wiper blade. So now there's an ugly arc on my window(not in my field of vision). Not really worth paying a couple of hundered $$ for to replace tho.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have extensively driven a ke55 without a windscreen on dirt, and I would definately say that the above comment is definately not under estimated. THe amount the roof would wobble around was just scary.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I just take my car to O'Brien because I get a big discount anyway ... and it's not far from work ... I'm about to get my fourth front windscreen (I've cracked another one!!!)

Damned gravel roads! I may ask them if they have any other grades of safety glass which could be stronger.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
dont bother with 2nd hand screen...you will end up cracking the glass trying to pull it out of the car.....

as everyone has said...obrien comes to u and does the whole job for a good price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts