Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my car smell like burn gun powder or a rotten egg smell.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ur cat is probably dieing on you. most (if not all) cars will give off that smell when the cats are on their way out

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i was told the cat before just didnt know. Do you think i could take the cat off and put a cherry bomb muffler there to help with the back firing. Just until i get a high flow cat. Also i have no emmisions testing in ohio.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Why not just spend a bit more and get the magnaflow hi flow cat right now. I believe they're around $80. But that's just what I've heard.

metros

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
steelersfan said:
Do you think i could take the cat off and put a cherry bomb muffler there to help with the back firing.
sure, but some mufflers will sound like ass even on a cherrybomb testpipe. if you have something that isnt loud, you can probably get away with it (my magnaflow sounds wayy louder with a resonated tp)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The clogged cat is probably causing the backfiring anyhow. Replacing it with anything will help that. Testpipe/resonator/cherrybomb/cat.

Reactions: steelersfan

·
Registered
493 Posts
order a CATCO universal hi-flow cat and have an exhaust shop weld it in place of the old one. they're pretty cheap ~$60 at summit racing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks i will just get a high flow cat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts