Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've checked the forums.... i came up with sooo many for 'smoke' that it took me like an hour to get through 'em...

i;m running synth oil, changed often, compression test shows all good... yet when i start up i have smoke at idle until warmed up - and then smoke again after i've been boosting hard and left of the gas... oil seems to be used up slowly - but nothing extreme... although its buggered after about 3500km's.. black and burnt smelling. i am running a BOV so i am thinking that perhaps this is the cause of the smoke when i left of the throttle abruptly - venting the air the air flow mensor has already accounted for and its over fueling? any ideas? could my start up smoke be turbo seal? thanks everyone in advance - and sorry for annoying one and all my excessivly long signature lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
I hope it's not oil burning, because if it is, it's just like my car. That's bad because it's one of the seals in the turbo. If you can determine that it's oil burning, that's your problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is plenty of oil in my intercooler pipes... especially after i'veb een boosting the car hard - would be turbo or something differant?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like a plan - atleast then i can have it hiflowed and the g'f won't crack the shits that i'm wasting money LOL

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yeah my car burns some oil also and does smoke a bit, but never at start-up, only when it has been idling for a while and i accelerate hard afterwards. I have been using synthetic oil have been burning about 1litre every 1500km, driven hard occasionally but not constantly. I have checked the plugs and they are not oiled up.

Does anyone know if this is likely to also be turbo seals, or could it be rings or valves? I think it would be better if it was the first as this would be cheaper for me to get replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts