Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looked like about a 94 or 95 BMW 318i. We were lined up at the ole Crawfordsville Rd. pre-merging stop light.. I was in the left lane and he was in the right lane (the lane that ended) The guy kept nudging forward trying to get a head start on me (and revving all the while).. The light turns green.. I launch around 3500rpm and spin tires.. He is already a car length behind me.. I grab 2nd and chirp out.. He is still 1-2 lengths behind me.. I grab 3rd right before where the right lane ends.. He was a good 4 or 5 car lengths back.. I back off the throttle.

I have no idea if he was in a MTX or ATX..

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe he was in a hurry trying to get ahead quicker but then realized you were just as much in a hurry and took 2nd not even really wanting to race.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was trying through at least 2 gears.. I could hear the thing about ready to blow up

·
Registered
886 Posts
Um, I would be a little worried if you were beaten by any standard 318i....manual or auto.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i test drove a 4 door 318i this past summer. they should be an easy kill for any mx6, 4 cyl or 6. quite slow in my opinion.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right it was an easy kill.. But I had some underlying reasons why I REALLY wanted to race him. I raced a 318i back a few years ago when I had my Ford EXP (no not EXPLORER) and I beat one, but not by much.. However, the result of this race was much more one-sided. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts