Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not that impressive but I thought those cars had balls. I just killed him. I beat him off the line and just kept putting more and more distance between us the whole way. Before his gov. kicked in I had like 12 car lengths - What a shiity 8cyl - I guess it's cause it's so heavy but c'mon. I mean this one was the same car that the cops use up hear in Canada - the Cop cars have no governer and a beefed up suspension but thats it - maybe the cops should trade over and start driving 1st gen 6's -haha

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i think here in Texas they all get engine transplants... very little engine work, and modded suspension. But Cop Cars are cool as hell on the inside with all the gadgets they have on the inside. Lastly, some cops down here drive souped up Z28s and old 89 Mustang LX coupes (they are the fastest 5.0). And cop who knows how to drive one can not be faded. GOOD KILL though.

·
Registered
666 Posts
They've pretty much stopped with the Mustang LX's, and I haven't seen a Z28 in quite a while. What I HAVE seen is F-150's. Boy, you'd never know it was a Highway Patrol car until it gets right on you, and they have radar, too.
Yeah, Crown Vics are slow, they're too damned heavy.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
My dad has a cronw VIC, those are not that fast, they do have a 5.0 in them but different gearing than a mustang i would guess. the motor would not have as much HP either so, and its heavy! but it gets me from point A to point B

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i saw a mustang about two years ago... so I guess you're right about that one. However, I have seen two Z28's this year alone. Both were state trooper cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts