Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just drivin around with my MX-6 and on my way to the freeway, all of a sudden this dude with his GS-R (intake/exhaust i figured, it almost seems like all GS-R's come stock with those).. and he started revvin at me.. and we just went at it, shifted a 5000 on first and redlined second.. and homeboyd was all behind me..and this was at a freeway ramp... so im just str8 punchin it and redlined 3rd gear also..ten minutes later.. this dude was back.. as I exited the freeway,he was right by me.. and we ran again.. this time i redlined first second and third.. iwas going like maybe 75+ on a 35 mph zone..
man i always thought GS-R's got balls, with 170 hp.. and aren't they lighter than our MX-6's also? or could it be that this dude str8 cannot race?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
maybe a combination of both. Even though they have 170HP and lighter, we have 2 extra cylinders= more bottom end HP... By the way.. why did you redline on 1st, 2nd and 3rd. After about 65K RPM, we start loosing power. I never got my car dynoed but that's what all my friends with PGTs shift at when racing.... just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yeah i heard the same shift at the point with the most HP i heard but hey i got a auto, haha it still looks good haha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redlining?

JPMX6GT said:
By the way.. why did you redline on 1st, 2nd and 3rd. After about 65K RPM, we start loosing power. I never got my car dynoed but that's what all my friends with PGTs shift at when racing.... just something to think about.
I have a 5spd w/2.5 V6 and have also noticed that 6500-6700Rpm seems to give the most power. Of course, the 164HP the V6 is rated at is 6600rpm, so this should actually make sense. For some reason, I still often like to redline when getting on it-- must be habit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts